The future of decentralized identity - an identity revolution or just another electronic identity?
We'd like to welcome you to the first ever EEMA Fireside briefing in central Oslo, where we will be discussing the growing trends, challenges and market opportunities with decentralized identity. We welcome you to Rebel Arena, May 18th.
There is a lot of buzz around decentralized identity, Self Sovereign Identity (SSI), and digital wallets. The EU announced in 2021 that a digital identity wallets for citizens will be established, leading industry analysts put high focus on this, and there are a lot of organizations working on this to stay ahead of the market and reap commercial benefits.
And as always, there are questions:
- What is the rationale for this growing trend?
- Do we agree with the terms?
- Who are all the actors in the decentralized identity ecosystem?
- How do we handle legal and regulatory issues?
- Is there a sustainable business model?
Flow of the day:
Signicat and Buypass are hosts for this EEMA-briefing. Today`s moderator is John Erik Setsaas, EEMA board member and VP of Identity and Innovation at Signicat.
- Mads Henriksveen, Trust Service Manager at Buypass,
- Jon Ølnes, Tribe lead Sign and Trust Services at Signicat
- Snorre Lothar Von Gohren Edwin, Co Founder of Digital Identity Nordics & Diwala
13:00 Registration & coffee
13:30 Welcome and introduction
Our speakers will give an introduction for todays topics, followed by an open panel discussion.
Food & mingle
We hope to see you in Oslo in May. Welcome!